Hello and welcome to cooking with chef Aftab (sorry, it just had to be done!) This is my first recipe based blog post, so far all you foodies out there this one is for you. People automatically associate pancakes as being unhealthy, but they are only as unhealthy as you make them!
What you will I need? You will need the following:
– A standard sized mug
– Multiple spoons
– Frying pan
– Frying spatula
– Mixing bowl
– Serving plate
– Whisk (if you don’t have a whisk, a fork works just as well)
What ingredients will I need? You will need: [Recipe makes around 12 pancakes]
– 1 cup of self-raising flour
– 1 cup of milk (I used semi-skimmed)
– 1 medium sized egg
– A pinch of salt/sugar
– Butter (olive butter is better)
If you wish to make them into protein pancakes, add 1-2 scoops of Whey Protein (Vanilla works best!)
How do I make them? Here is the method:
1. Measure out one cup of self-raising flour and add it to the mixing bowl.
2. Measure out one cup of milk and add it to the mixing bowl with the flour.
3. Add one egg to the mixing bowl, with the milk and flour.
4. Whisk it all together until it becomes a thick non-lumpy mix
5. Add a little bit of butter for every pancake and add 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
6. Make sure the first side is cooked and then flip carefully and ensure both sides are cooked.
7. Add your favourite toppings and enjoy!
I added greek natural yoghurt and honey, and voila!
If you try out this recipe, please feel free to send me pictures to email@example.com
Thanks for reading,