As the winter approaches, there is nothing more tempting that curling up on the sofa with a bowl of hot soup. Best of all, it is so quick and easy to make, it requires next to no effort – perfect.
1. Pour some oil into a pan, I like to use olive oil. Add a sprinkling of cumin seeds along with it and let it cook on a medium heat.
2. Once it starts sizzling, add a couple of table spoons of plain flour.
3. Mix it together and let it cook a little. Making sure you flatten out any lumps of flour – if you don’t your soup will not be smooth.
4. Then add how much water you require (depending on how many people you need it for) but the water must be cold out of the tap.
5. As you can see in the previous step’s picture, I underestimated how much flour would be needed. Therefore just take a small bowl, add a couple of table spoons of flour and a little bit of water, mix it together.
6. The slowly pour it into the soup base, mixing it as you do so to prevent any clumps.
As you can see it looks much better now!
7. Add a good helping of salt
8. Along with a good helping of sugar. Normal granulated sugar is fine, but I like to use brown sugar.
9. Add a large helping desiccated coconut powder, this will add some flavour and thicken up the soup too. Do not worry if you don’t like coconut, you can barely taste it in it’s entirety.
10. Give it all a good mix in, making sure there are no lumps.
11. Add 5/6 dashes of both Lea & Perrins Sauce and Soy Sauce.
12. Give it a good stir, add your sweetcorn and cooked chicken now.
13. Serve and enjoy!
If you do try it, give me your feedback. You can comment below or tweet me over at @FreshnFearless.
Thanks for reading,