When travelling from one hotel to the next, you come across the weird, the wonderful and the great. This month’s travel link up was about the most interesting things found in hotels, rooms or different accommodations. However, i’m going to put a twist on my post. I’ll be sharing all the interesting and wonderful things I love about luxury hotels.
There is something so unique about how many hotels perceive themselves as a luxury hotel. Many people a luxury hotel is based on the star rating, but often enough when comparing two 5 star hotels in a similar location, there are interesting parts that stand out more than others.
I’m sharing a few tips on what interesting things stands out to me most about luxury hotels:
1. Spa Facilities When I think of luxury hotels, I think of a calm, relaxing atmosphere. Getting a deep tissue massage, sitting in the hot tub with a glass of champagne or sweating out all the stress in the steam sauna.
2. Infinite Pools Okay, well this certainly doesn’t apply to London because of the terrible altering climate and regular rainfall through most of the year but often the most luxurious hotels have infinite pools with the most breath taking views. However, even having a lovely indoor pool with a some what nice view is also enough.
3. Scenic Views Some of the most prestigious hotels build their hotels in areas where the views from the hotel room windows are like no other. That’s a trend I often found in luxury hotels. Where as other, more budget hotels may overlook carparks or towards other buildings.
4. Technology Many luxury hotels have upgraded and interlinked their systems using the finest technology. Such as using iPads that control the lights, A/C, heating and can even get you a drink or dinner ordered without you having to even leaving your bed. I find that rather fascinating. Some even have the most high tech lighting systems that allow you to adjust your lighting depending on your mood.
5. Service Service is the most important. From the minute you enter a hotel, you feel like you’re constantly being looked after. Little things matter the most, like dropping off your luggage whilst you check and find your luggage already waiting in your room with a bottle of champagne on your bed greeting you.
What are the features of luxury hotels that you find most interesting?
Until next time…